Discover Monroe – West Monroe Tourism Industry Award Winners Announced | KTVE
MONROE, Louisiana (KARD / KTVE) – Discover Monroe – West Monroe hosted its annual tourism industry luncheon on May 7 at Bayou Point, University of Louisiana, on the Monroe campus.
According to a press release, prizes were awarded to individuals and organizations that help produce a tourism and economic impact in the Ouachita parish area.
“During this difficult year for the tourism industry, this event was an opportunity to honor those who have shown strong leadership and set an example for others. We are pleased to honor these award recipients and recognize their dedication and effort to the Monroe-West Monroe tourism industry. Alana Cooper, CEO of Discover Monroe-West Monroe, said.
The winners are:
- Association Meeting Planner Award – Troy Gulotta with the National Junior Limousin & Congress Jr. Show
- Sporting Events Organizer of the Year – Frank Griffin and Joey Odom with the United State Specialty Sports Association
- Louisiana State Games Award – Dr Raj Bhandari and Mark Thompson with the Warhawk Open Racquetball Tournament
- Sports Volunteer Award – Twin City Marathon Planning Committee
- Hotel Service Award – Keltric Williams with Home2 Suites
- Hospitality Service Award – Doran Smith with Parish Restaurant
- Attraction Partner Award – Melissa Saye with the Northeast Louisiana Children’s Museum
- Restaurant Partner – Chef Cory Bahr with Parish Restaurant and Standard Coffee Company
- Holiday Spirit Award – Ben and Amy Hanson with Candy Cane Lane
- Julia Trichell Award – Sammy Gordy
The event’s guest speaker was Lieutenant Governor Billy Nungesser.